ION Sky holds on the most passionate experience of Singapore. Your tour to Singapore would be incomplete if you don’t stand on the top floor of ION Sky and watch the sky-high buildings far below your feet through the glass walls. ION Sky is the viewing platform constructed on the 55 and 56 levels of ION Orchard building.
About ION Sky
Opened on 22 January 2011 as an indoor Singaporean skyline viewing gallery, the ION Sky allows you to enjoy the beautiful cottony skyline of Singapore. It provides a complete view of the Orchard Road. ION Sky is constructed to open not only the land but the sky of Singapore as well for the guests coming from across the oceans. ION Orchards has now transformed into a complete spacious construction offering residencies, eateries and entertainment spots.
ION Sky building carries its focal point on the upper most level. The total height is 218 meters with 56 levels. At level 4, the counter for tickets is made. A large parking area in the basement offers convenient transportation from any part of the city to the foundations of the building.
Very high speed elevators have been installed which allow you to travel all levels within 46 seconds only. The building is the highest on the Orchard Road and one can view the clouds going straight from the other side of glass walls.
Viewing Time Slots
The management has classified viewing time slots in 4 sections. You can choose your favorite section from any one of these 4. The sections are:
- 10 AM to 12 PM
- 02 PM to 04 PM
- 04 PM to 06 PM
- 06 PM to 08 PM
Several viewing machines, telescopes and digital binoculars have also been placed for a better view of Singapore skyline, infrastructure and civil life.
- Special BEHOLDTM telescopes have been installed for a better view of Singapore sky. These telescopes are one-of-their-kind in all over the Asia.
- Learn different kinds of clouds by viewing the skyline through Official Cloud Spotting Area under the administration of Cloud Appreciation Society.
Tips to Remember
- The ideal time to visit ION Sky is evening. Try your best to view the sunset scene of Singapore.
- Don’t forget to avail the $5 shopping voucher included in your ticket.
- Scan the city streets and cultural life of Singapore in real time by scanning the streets and zooming in with the help of the state-of-art telescopes.
The building is opened daily at 10 AM and shut down at 08 PM. The schedule is similar for 7 days of the week.
How to Reach
You can get there via 2 routes; Orchard Boulevard and Orchard Turn. Visitors and guests coming via Orchard Boulevard can take buses 7, 14, 16, 36, 65, 111, 123, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 174, 174E, 175, 518, 518A, 518B from Orchard MRT Station. And those who are coming from Orchard Turn can catch the following buses; 14E, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 502, 502A, 502B.
ION Sky is located in ION Orchard, 2 Orchard Turn on Orchard Road, Singapore 238801.